Vote for the Worst Police ‘Safety’ Campaign of 2015
We're running this campaign to raise awareness of the ubiquity of misleading and victim blaming police 'safety' campaigns. We'd love your feedback on the individual campaigns and posters as we will be feeding the comments back to the relevant police authorities. These campaigns don't exist in a vacuum and we need police forces to recognise the harm caused by their victim blaming on the victims (who don't feel comfortable reporting when this is what the police think) but also on the perpetrator as it gives them an excuse for their behaviour. You can fill in the survey or post your thoughts in the comments below.
The Nominees are as follows:
- Norfolk 'Time to Stop' Campaign
- Sussex Police 'which of your friends is most vulnerable on a night out?
- Essex Police 'Don't Walk home on your own'
- West Yorkshire Party Animals
- West Midlands' Children and Domestic Violence