Forget race, forget gods, forget tracksuits, it’s men we know who abuse (CN images of convicted abusers)
Is it because they wear robes?
Is it tracksuits?
(Member of the Sydenham paedophile ring wearing a fleece)
Is it because they wear plain clothes, quite possibly jeans and a top?
Is it medals?
(A former prep school teacher jailed for 10 years after admitting more than a dozen sexual offences.)
Where they work?
Is it this god?
Or this god?
Or no god?
Is it nationality?
Or is it the 'imported' patriarchal politics of other countries?
Oh hang on, that's Britain and our politics, the country and culture we live in.
So if it's not
- choice of outfit
- ethnic group
- the politics of other countries
what is it?
According to specialist charities, sexual abuse is most likely to be carried out by:
- men who think they can get away with it
- men with power in the form of flattery, gifts or threats
- usually a family friend, neighbour, a member of the child's family or someone working with children
- men who are like us, not other men
- men we like
- men we trust
- men who aren't all bad
- men who are sometimes vulnerable themselves
- clever and manipulative men
You cannot pick out an abuser in a crowd.
Forget race, forget gods and forget tracksuits. It's the men we know, not the men we don't.